Tips on Hiring a Disc Jockey
1. What are you looking for in a D.J.? Before you hire any D.J., determine what you want. Do you want the D.J. to keep the reception moving or do you want a D.J. that only plays music with limited interaction. Most people want a D.J. who can keep everything flowing.
2. Meet with the D.J.! It’s important to meet with the D.J. because you have to feel comfortable with that person. The D.J. will be your spokesperson at your event. Listen as the D.J. explains about what he or she can do. Does it match your requirements? Don’t hire someone who clashes with your personality.
3. Check References! Find out what others thought about the D.J. Talk to someone from a recent event.
4. Does your D.J. have any experience with other events such as yours? If you’re like me, you don’t want to be a guinea pig. Make sure your D.J. has entertained at other events like yours. You normally can tell during the initial conversation with the D.J.
6. Check the Contract! Make sure everything is spelled out in the D.J.’s contract - date, time, location, price and who the D.J. will be. Be careful of the “bait and switch” that some of the multi-system D.J. companies have pulled on clients by meeting with them but sending another D.J. that has never met them.
Call or E-mail me today! I want to do your party!